WRFI is proud to announce some new programs on our airwaves starting today, Monday, February 8, 2016. In addition, a few existing programs have changed their air times to accommodate other changes. Take a look at our schedule online.
Here’s a list of the new shows you can expect to hear.
– Uprising with Sonali Kolhatkar, weekdays at 2pm, emanates from Pacifica station KPFK in Los Angeles. This program “emphasizes connecting global issues with local ones” and aims “to motivate our listeners to take an active role in their communities.” The host, co-director of the Afghan Women’s Missions, writes a weekly column for the website Truthdig.
– IC a Healthier US with Professor Mary Bentley and students (Thursdays at 11am): An hour-long program hosted by Ithaca College students that explores histories and inequities as they impact the health of communities.
– Rattle the Jukebox (Fridays 11pm-1am): Host Alex E explores indie, punk and post-punk, and otherwise, typically with a weekly theme.
– Sound the Alarm with DJ JD returns to the air, alternate Saturdays 3-5pm: From ska to soul: a sonic journey to the heart of music.
– Will Spring Astrology (Sundays at 6pm): Tim Turecek and Uriel Carpenter explore astrology as a vehicle for transformation, insight, self-understanding, meaning, and fun.
– Fellow Travelers with Aron Gutman (Sundays 9-11pm): Cosmopolitan Roots and Otherworldy Transmissions.
Sadly, we say goodbye to a few programs that have dropped from the schedule as well. These include Bill Chaisson’s “Land and People,” “The Sublimate Hour” with Don Belately, and John Sullivan’s “Skeptical Sunday.” We will continue to run the Free Thought Radio podcasts which had previously been included on Skeptical Sunday.
Please check out our new programs! And let us know what you think.