WRFI Board Meeting Minutes — September 24, 2020, 6-8pm
Absent: Joe Romano
Tower rental update: No objection to structural analysis done by Tatum; need to ping them again for a response.
August 11, 2020 minutes reviewed.
- Minutes approved unanimously.
Radio Makers of Color project update:
- On hold until spring, likely with funding.
- Field trips are currently still a question mark due to COVID.
FUND RAISING and COVID-style marathon discussion
- Peter and Felix moving ahead with marathon
- Agreement for volunteers is in-progress
- Before entering the station required to sign an agreement attesting to guidelines
- Log in/out: re-affirming adherence to guidelines/self-wellness check
- Self-monitoring of symptoms
- Cleaning procedures
- Circulation of air between well-spaced shows
- Need to have Studio B set up
PPP Forgiveness application:
- Action Item: Felix to send John Y the PPP forgiveness application and payroll documentation.
Review of anti-racism training proposals sent by Godfrey:
- Proposals from Fabina Benites and Jum Warritay
- Charge: Transform the culture of the station. Not enough to be neutral, but be actively anti-racist.
- Training for Board, staff, volunteers
- Motion to approve both Jum and Fabina (pending costs). Motion seconded and approved.
- Action Item: Godfrey will ask Fabina for estimate. Ask where grants/funding may be available.
Future Agenda Items
Determine how/if to share outcomes of the Board meetings with WRFI volunteers.