WRFI Board Meeting Minutes — May 11, 2021, 6-8pm
John Young (present at end of meeting)
- Approve minutes from April meeting
- Begin posting minutes for the public
- AGM search update--
- News Director update--
- Bookkeeping update--
- Brand recognition
- Discussion of the article Jum Warritay suggested, for discussion at May meeting.
- Follow ups on outreach to organizations:
- Village at Ithaca (Pamela)
- Ithaca Children’s Garden (John)
- Reuse Center (Felix)
- BLM (Stephen/Chantal)
- Geneva Women’s Assembly (Stephen)
- MRC (Joe)
- Southside Community Center
- Groundswell (Pamela)
- Cornell Prison Project connection (Stephen)
- Next Meeting?
- Next Jum article
- Reevaluation of bookkeeping practices
- Existing system: Felix enters into Google sheet, bookkeeper enters into system, changes need to be made.
- Other comparable stations: Should not have two separate data entry systems.
- Felix will contact our accountant after tax season.
- Felix is considering three options and will report
- News: Reformatted with short newscasts, Friday news show
- Award!: Best Newscast! NYS Broadcasting Award
- New Yorker cited WRFI (article shared)
- Action Item:
- Send news to donors
- Promote on-air
- AGM Hire: Move forward with interview/hire.
- Programming Update: Welcoming people back to the station.
- Return to station
- Studio B Training
- Recruitment: Henry/Black Hands Universal
- PCIM Summer Intern
- Partner with educator in station?
- Discover Cayuga Lake
- Alpine Roofing - Olivia
- Falls Wine Room
- Studio A construction progress
- Wall is up!
- WINO progress
- Spoke to an engineer
- Moving onto structural approval
- Capital campaign: $60K+ for “Expansion”
- List of needs/aspirations from Felix
- Could allow for second station (WRFI talk + WINO music)
- Mobile studio
- Salary enhancements
- Strategic partnerships
- First order for meeting: Approve minutes from April meeting. Not a vote, consent agenda.
- Pamela: Review minutes for public executive summary
- Public comment period
- ACTION ITEM: Joe: Clear policy for when we go into Executive Session
- ACTION ITEM: Carlos: Open Meetings for non-profit research
Follow ups on outreach to organizations:
- Village at Ithaca (Pamela)--in progress
- BLM (Stephen/Chantal)
- Groundswell (Pamela)--in progress
- Public Art (Felix)
Discussion of the article Jum Warritay suggested
- Other syndicated shows
- News team composition
- Next Jum article?
- Tues, June 8 @ 6 pm