Live, Local, and Commercial-Free
Listen now at 89.7FM, 88.1FM in Ithaca, or 91.9FM in Watkins Glen, or using our web player.
– Residents of Ulysses to vote in special election on land purchase for recreational area – Voters in the Town of Ulysses will decide whether to buy 30 acres to become a recreational area in a special election on December 6. The town includes Trumansburg and is a few miles north of Ithaca. The town’s board voted unanimously in June to buy the property on Krums Corners Road. But enough residents signed a petition for the special election to be scheduled. Tompkins Weekly reports supporters of the purchase say the town needs a recreational area. Some residents oppose it and say the $210,000 price tag is too high and almost double the price…
Reload page to refresh.
Our new audio player is live on the website and is packed with features designed to enhance your online listening experience. The player not only streams our live content, but it also displays the current and next shows, the daily calendar, and other important information from your community radio station. To check it out click…Read More
The Original Cornell Syncopators are a jazz band consisting of thirteen Cornell students plus one faculty member. They play in the earliest jazz styles with strict attention to the music’s history. In this feature, the group makes an acoustic recording using a Thomas A. Edison company cylinder device from the turn of the century. Feature…Read More
In World War 1, New York’s southern tier was a significant aircraft supplier to the U.S., England, France, Russia and Italy. Glenn Curtiss Industries and Ithaca’s Thomas-Morse produced over 10,000 airplanes in the four years of the war. Armistice Day in November 1918 brought immediate contract cancelations and over 1,500 local jobs were pink-slipped that…Read More
Latest from the WRFI News Team
Daily features and interviews from our community
– Residents of Ulysses to vote in special election on land purchase for recreational area – Voters in the Town of Ulysses will decide whether to buy 30 acres to become a recreational area in a special election on December 6. The town includes Trumansburg and is a few miles north of Ithaca. The town’s…Read More
– New report says New York can’t reach climate goals by 2030 – A newly released report says that New York State won’t meet its 2030 climate goal. The legislature passed the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act in 2019. It requires the state to get 70% of its energy from renewable sources by 2023.…Read More
– Two Ithaca residents arrested at United Nations protest – Eighteen people were arrested at the U.S. Mission to the United Nations on Thursday. They were protesting the U.S. government’s failure to sign on to the “Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.” Ithaca residents, Teresa and Ellen Grady were among those arrested. Both are…Read More
– Sierra Club raises concerns about proposed waste facility in Steuben County – A proposed waste facility in Bath would accept sludge and industrial waste. The Painted Post company, Momentum wants to build a facility in Bath that could accept over 100 tons of materials including construction debris, non-hazardous sludges, and contaminated soils. The Sierra…Read More