Live, Local, and Commercial-Free
Listen now at 89.7FM, 88.1FM in Ithaca, or 91.9FM in Watkins Glen, or using our web player.
– Budget for Slope Day more than doubled for 2024 – The Cornell Student Assembly voted to add $400,000 Slope Day budget making it $715,000 for 2024. That’s more than double the current budget. The day is an end-of-school-year celebration on the campus and headlines well-known musicians. The Cornell Daily Sun reports that the bump is partly because of student complaints about last year’s line-up and the rising cost of booking star talent. – Reinventing Public Safety initiatives move forward in Enfield and Groton – Tompkins County’s Reinventing Public Safety plans are moving forward. The county opened two Community Resource Hubs in Enfield and Groton. The hubs are staffed and open two hours…
Reload page to refresh.
WRFI Community Radio is proud to be a community partner of Understand to Overcome, an all-community viewing of the film RACE: The Power of an Illusion. The first episode will air at the State Theater in Ithaca tonight! Visit their website at U2O.org for more information.Read More
Welcome to the new WRFI Community Radio website. You can see our schedule and listen live to our online stream (click Listen in the menu). In the next weeks and months we’ll be adding more information to the site, as well as adding new local shows to our program schedule, so check back in often.…Read More
Latest from the WRFI News Team
Daily features and interviews from our community
– Budget for Slope Day more than doubled for 2024 – The Cornell Student Assembly voted to add $400,000 Slope Day budget making it $715,000 for 2024. That’s more than double the current budget. The day is an end-of-school-year celebration on the campus and headlines well-known musicians. The Cornell Daily Sun reports that the bump…Read More
– Health insurance costs for Cortland County employees, retirees may rise – Cortland County retirees and employees may see their health insurance contributions rise by 10% in 2024. The Cortland Voice reports the county is facing a $1.3 million gap in the 2024 budget. The insurance increase would close that gap. The legislature is set…Read More
– Ithaca Leaders Postpone Vote on Cornell Funding, Approve Homeless Encampment Policy – The Ithaca Common Council held a special meeting Wednesday night to vote on two highly significant matters. But, they postponed a vote on the proposed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Cornell until an October meeting. Mayor Lewis said that would give Alderpersons…Read More
– Tick-borne illnesses double in Tompkins County – Tick-borne illnesses are on the rise in our region and across the country. According to The Ithaca Voice, the number of cases of Lyme disease in Tompkins County has doubled in the past year. Part of the reason is milder winters because of climate change. Ticks, especially…Read More