Live, Local, and Commercial-Free
Listen now at 89.7FM, 88.1FM in Ithaca, or 91.9FM in Watkins Glen, or using our web player.
– New Ithaca police chief selected – A 23-year veteran of the Schenectady police department has been selected to be the new police chief in Ithaca. Thomas Kelly was selected after interviews with community members and a search committee. His appointment must be approved by the Common Council. They are set to vote on it at a December 6 meeting. – One person injured, part of downtown Elmira shut down after shooting – One person was injured in a shooting in downtown Elmira on Monday. Police say the shooting was targeted at one person and not a random act. WENY TV reports that police closed off a one-block area of downtown Elmira for…
Reload page to refresh.
Welcome to the new WRFI Community Radio website. You can see our schedule and listen live to our online stream (click Listen in the menu). In the next weeks and months we’ll be adding more information to the site, as well as adding new local shows to our program schedule, so check back in often.…Read More
Latest from the WRFI News Team
Daily features and interviews from our community
– New Ithaca police chief selected – A 23-year veteran of the Schenectady police department has been selected to be the new police chief in Ithaca. Thomas Kelly was selected after interviews with community members and a search committee. His appointment must be approved by the Common Council. They are set to vote on it…Read More
– Thirteenth person indicted for kidnapping, murder of Ithaca’s Thomas Rath – A thirteenth person was indicted for the kidnapping and murder of Ithaca resident Thomas Rath. New York State Police announced on November 22 that Newfield resident, David Maycumber was indicted by a Tioga County Grand Jury on four charges. They include first-degree murder,…Read More
– Hochul signs law that will seal criminal records for thousands – Governor Hochul has signed a new law into effect that will seal criminal records for thousands of people. The Clean Slate Law will seal the records of some people who have served their sentences and paid all fines. The Albany Times Union reports…Read More
– Ithaca seeks public input for short-term rental regulations – The City of Ithaca held a public session about its proposed short-term rental policy last week. Residents were able to talk with the city officials who are drafting the regulations. The Ithaca Voice reports that officials explained three types of permits being considered. Two would…Read More